First Aid Responder (Refresher) Course
2 day Refresher First Aid Responder training course,
This course replaces the Occupational First Aid Course, and is the only First Aid Course recognised by the Health and Safety Authority H.S.A. and is certified by the Pre Hospital Emergency Care Council, PHECC.
Those attending must produce a copy of their most recent First Aid Certificate prior to the course
First Aid Responder Refresher (FARR) training course,
Any qualified First Aider that needs to be re-certified within the 2 year period as per PHECC guidelines.
First Aid Refresher training courses are essential every two years for certified First Aiders to keep up with developments in First Aid practice, and to refresh skills that may be only intermittently used.
First Aid Response Certificate – PHECC Accredited
Please note that after you’ve completed a First Aid Training Course you must complete a 2-day First Aid Responder Refresher course every two years in order to keep your certification active.
Workplace First Aid Training Obligations:
The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007: Part 7 – Chapter 2: Regulation 165(1)(b) requires employers to designate at each place of work under the employer’s control the number of occupational first-aiders as is necessary to give first aid training at the place of work concerned.
The First Aid Responder will possess the following general skills.
The ability to:
- deal with life threatening or potentially life threatening conditions in the pre-hospital environment until arrival of emergency medical services.
- provide First Aid Response for conditions not thought to be life-threatening, but necessary to prevent further harm before handing over to the emergency services.
- provide First Aid Response in a wide range of environments including home and recreational settings.
- display the requisite inter-personal skills including, composure, competence and self-confidence as well as understanding limitations.
First Aid Training Course Learning Outcomes:
There are competencies that students who achieve the First Aid Response standard are required to demonstrate.
Upon completion of a recognised First Aid Response course students will be able to:
- Recognise and Assess the causes and effects of sudden illness and/or injury in a pre-hospital environment and call for emergency medical services.
- React to such emergencies, utilising PHECC Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPG).
- Respond in a safe, effective, and appropriate manner to such emergencies utilising the First Aid Response skill set and in accordance with PHECC CPGs as part of the pre-hospital continuum of care.
- Record and Report actions and interventions taken while responding to, and managing, such incidents during handover to emergency services.
- Retain a professional and caring attitude in their performance as First Aid Responders.
Refresh your First Aid Training Course qualification:
If you are a qualified QQI Occupational First Aider then you need to recertify within the 2 year period as per HSA guidelines.No Dates Currently Available, Contact us to arrange a Course